Jungle river journey and explore essential Borneo
Relax and take in the lush, exotic scenery along the slow, meandering rivers not seen by tourists before. Glimpse the native orangutans in their native habitat and experience traditional lifestyles.
(Alternative dry season route – August – September )
Day 1 : Arrive direct from Jakarta and transfer to your comfortable cabin in the Rahai’i Pangun. Steaming through Palangkaraya city and its original boardwalk village, we proceed down the forest lined river, stopping at villages along the way until we reach to the pretty riverside village of Gohong, where we will moor for the night. Enjoy an evening of traditional entertainment from the village.
Day 2 : Explore the handicraft town of Mandumai, visiting a rattan weaving enterprise and an old wooden church built by Swiss missionaries over 100 years ago. Continue down the river to the tiny village Buntoi and visit its old longhouse. Still lived in by the family of the original owners, you will see this ancient lifestyle. This town is where the Narang family came from, who are the family of the current Governor of Central Kalimantan.
Day 3 : The boat cruises close to wildlife islands for glimpses of monkeys, birds and gibbons. Take a walk through a naturalized rubber plantation. Return to the boat to cruise to your overnight mooring.
Day 4 : Set out early for the return journey up river. Just lay back and relax as we travel up the Kahayan River to the small town of Pilang. Walk through this Dayak village and see traditional bone houses and learn about the tewah, or traditional burial ceremony.
Pass by orangutan release island and glimpse these unique creatures in their native habitat.
Day 5 : Early morning land transfer to airport.
What is included in the tour package :
– Accommodations twin/double share
– Breakfasts, lunches and dinners as appeared in itinerary
– Tours and entrance fees for all of the sites the group attends together, as listed in the Itinerary
– All transports required for the whole journey as indicated in itinerary
– Services of a professional Tourist Guide throughout the tour
– Tour production by PT Lintang Buana Wisata Nusantara
– Specified accommodations and meals for the guide and driver
– Return airport to hotel transfer
What is not included yet in the tour package :
– Airfare & airport tax
– Travel Insurance
– Personal expenses, optional tours or additional meals
– Tipping or gratitudes for driver and guide