Ijen Crater closed as of March 16, 2020 | Below is a copy of the conclusion of the relevant authorities regarding the decision to close tourist attractions, tourism businesses and tourism events in the Banyuwangi Regency in connection with the outbreak of Coronavirus.
CONCERNING CLOSURE OF TEMPORARY BUSINESS ACTIVITIES AND EVENT ACTIVITIES IN BANYUWANGI
To consider and pay attention,
- Presidential Decree No. 7 of 2020 concerning the Task Force for the Acceleration of Corona Virus Disease Handling (Covid-19);
- Governor’s Letter from East Java Number: 420.1780 // 101.1 / 2020 dated March 13, 2020, concerning Increased Awareness of Corona Virus Disease (Covid-19) in East Java;
- Results of the SKPD Coordination Meeting on Sunday, March 15, 2020, regarding the prevention of the spread of Corona Virus Disease (Covid-19) in the Banyuwangi Regency.
- Circular of the Regent of Banyuwangi Number: 050/440/481 / 429.112 / 2020 concerning Alert and Prevention of Corona Virus Disease (Covid-19)
In connection with this, we hereby appeal to the Tourism Industry Actors and the organizers of events in the Banyuwangi Regency to close and temporarily suspend all activities at your place from March 16-29, 2020 (until further notice).
Next, several things are presented as follows:
- All managers of tourist destinations must conduct business closures, and during the closure period it is expected to reform the facilities and arrangement of the destination and its cleanliness;
- The hotel accommodation business manager is obliged to present Traditional Welcome Drink made from spices, provide hand sanitizers at the hotel entrance and report foreign tourist guests to the Banyuwangi District Health Office for immediate health checks;
- All business activities of Entertainment and Recreation (Family Karaoke and live music) must temporarily close the business;
- All traditional culinary market activities in Banyuwangi are expected to be obliged to cease all activities temporarily;
- Banyuwangi Festival activities, “Actualization of Arts and Banyuwangi Culture Everyday” in March – April 2020 were temporarily stopped,
Thank you for your attention and implementation. Banyuwangi,
March 16, 2020
Head of Culture and Tourism Office
M.Y. Bramuda, S.Sos, MBA, MM
Pembina Utama Muda
NIP 19730126 199201 1 001
Regional Secretary of Banyuwangi Regency (as a report)
Ijen Crater closed until March 29, 2020
Still related to the spread of coronavirus, the East Java Natural Resources Conservation Center as the country’s representative assigned to manage the Ijen Crater, issued a similar decision. The following is an excerpt from their decision.
To the Community / Tourist Visitors
CIRCULAR SE. 338 /K2/BIDTEK.1/KSA/3/2020
CONCERNING CLOSURE OF THE NATURAL TOURISM AREA OF KAWAH IJEN
Noting the increasingly widespread distribution of COVID-19 declared by the President of the Republic of Indonesia as a National Disaster (Non-Natural Disaster), as well as following up the Minister of Environment and Forestry Circular Letter Number: SE.1 / MENLHK / SETJEN / SET.1 / 3/220 dated 15 March 2020 regarding Prevention of Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and Circular Letter of the Banyuwangi Regent No. 440/481 / 429.112 / 2020 dated March 16, 2020, concerning Alert and Prevention of Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
In connection with the foregoing, to minimize the impact of the increasingly widespread risk of COVID-19 for visitors, officers, and the community, activities for the purpose of visiting and / or climbing at TWA Kawah Ijen from 16 to 29 March 2020 are declared closed.
Thus this circular is to be of concern to the community, visitors and related parties, thank you.
Plt Kepala Balai Besar
Ir. Indri Faulina